Some general stuff to bear in mind:
- The views and opinions in this blog are my own, and are not a reflection on anyone I work for or have worked for
- There are some things I probably won’t discuss. Not because I have any secrets or am performing mad science experiments, but because they could be sensitive topics to a larger audience. I don’t get out much and I forget that not everyone works in a lab.
- No one will be mentioned by name (unless they want to be for some reason) or by anything particularly identifiable.
- I fully realize that a large group of scientists consider social media and blogging a “fruitless time-suck” and assume that anyone participating in these probably doesn’t have anything better to do. Let’s just get this out of the way. No, I do have plenty of science-related activities to fill my time. Maybe at the end of this day this will end up being a time-suck. Maybe I’m the only one who will ever read this and at least I will have brushed up on writing skills (which lately have been languishing). In a perfect world, postdocs everywhere will rejoice in the awesomeness that is postdoc mastery. But probably not.
- There’s probably something I am forgetting…